Your Personal Recommendation
You are a man or are caring for a man who due to physical condition is bedridden. You’ve noticed recently that you have light uncontrolled bladder leaks a few times a day and at night. Urine loss is sometimes a problem that you don’t want to talk about or admit. You could be a caregiver where, in some situations, he may need your assistance when he goes to the bathroom. If you are the caregiver of a man who is experiencing increased incontinence incidents, you want to help, but don’t know how to start this difficult conversation. What you are experiencing is common with men and their families. It is important not to feel isolated. We offer samples of absorbing products that will fit any of your needs. If you do not know where to start, here is some practical advice:
- Visit a doctor. It is important to know that by putting if off you risk worsening the condition. Don’t postpone the visit.
- Pay special attention to personal hygiene and care of the skin, of course those areas exposed to incontinence, but also your heels and elbows. It is easy to get bedsores or chafes from being bedbound.
- Wear clothing that makes it easy to change regularly, especially easy to change the absorbent incontinence products you use.
- Choose absorbent products created for men who value convenience and comfort. These products offer discretion and odor control, even with moderate incontinence.
- We have outlined a product below that should work nicely for you. It is called a brief. We do not recommend protective underwear because of your mobility, briefs will make it easier for you or your caregiver to change because they have tape tabs that draw the brief tight.
- If you would like to understand the difference between protective underwear and briefs, click here to read our blog about the benefits of each.
Please give us a call if you would like additional assistance, we are always here for you.
Adult Briefs Includes Wipes